Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Christmas in March?

I love Christmas.  I adore everything about it.  I am that annoying person that will remind you on the 25th of each month how many more months it is until Christmas (Just under 9 months to go!)  First and foremost, it is the celebration of the birth of Jesus that makes Christmas so special to me.  I also love seeing Christmas through the eyes of my children.  But what really makes it Christmas for me is all the yummy baking that goes on.  I was recently reminded of a recipe called "Christmas Crack" and I just had to make it for my family.  I had not made it in many years, none of my kids remembered ever having it.  That is just wrong!  So I thought I'd share it with you, just in case you are in need of a little Christmas in March.

These are all the ingredients you'll need.


Heat the butter and brown sugar until boiling and let boil for 3 minutes.


Spread a layer of saltine crackers on a pan and pour the butter/brown sugar mixture on top.  Bake for 5 minutes.


Pour a bag of chocolate chips on top as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Once the chips have melted, spread them out over the crackers.  Let cool in the fridge for a while.


Once the chocolate is hardened, break up the crackers into small bite-sized piece.  Serve to family and friends and reap in the accolades!


Here is the recipe:

Christmas Crack

1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 1/4 - cups butter, not margarine
1 1/4 - cup light brown sugar
1 - 12 oz package chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay crackers out on sheet in one layer. In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter and the brown sugar. Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil. After the mixture comes to a full rolling boil set your timer and boil the mixture for exactly 3 minutes.

Pour over the saltines and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and wait until they are almost melted then spread the chocolate evenly all over all the saltines. Refrigerate for two hours and then break up into pieces and store in a air tight container.



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment